Top 4 Best Low Profile Helmets On The Market
Buying a motorbike helmet, low profile Beanie helmet or Low Profile Helmet? Are you the type that doesn't like a large bulky helmet? If yes, then you need to have a low profile helmet that will give you the freedom and comfort you cherish. These helmets are made with half the material required to produce a larger full-face helmet, and they effectively ensure your safety. They are made with less material, which means that they are lightweight and provide you with greater visibility.
The U.S. Department approves all low profile helmets in this post of Transportation (DOT). We have reviewed the best 4 DOT approved low profile helmet available on the market. They will give you better protection, freedom, and comfort than the traditional ones.
This open face helmet is designed with your comfort in kind. In fact, it is the best closest fitting helmet that you can find on the market. Therefore, no more mushroom head while you are enjoying your ride on your motorbike. The helmet is made by TT & Co Company in Japan. It is made of high-strength yarns with a hat sewn to the body. This helmet model is available in 5 different colors that include ivory, black, metallic, orange, and matt black.
This low profile helmet is designed based on the jet helmet that was developed for racing by Bell Helmet in the 1950s. It is believed to be the original shape of the small jet helmet showcased in the New York Museum of Modern Art in 1962. The classic small shell helmet fits snuggly to the head and is characterized by the shape covering both cheeks. The helmet is incredibly breathable and ensures you stay cool and comfortable while driving.
- It is the Department of Transportation (DOT) approved
- The TX 500 comes in four sizes, medium size (58cm), large (59cm), XL (59.5cm), XXL (60cm).
- It comes with free shipping and worldwide delivery within 14 – 21 days.
- The helmet is very strong and comfortable.
- It is made with genuine leather trim.
- Stylishly designed and lightweight to offer you reduced wind noise.
- It comes with a fiberglass shell with EPS impact foam.
Note that all products incur a $20 restocking fee to cover our initial postage of goods.
Also on our list of the top 4 best low profile helmets is the German™ Mayan style motorcycle. It is the Department of Transportation (DOT) certified ad meets all the DOT FMVSS-218 safety standards to ensure the safety of riders. This is a retro-style half face motorcycle helmet. It also has an upgraded ABS shell and EPS liner to ensure riders' safety why they ride their Harley chopper, cruiser, scooter, etc. The helmet is the smallest DOT shell ever manufactured.
- Lightweight and comfortable
The German™ Mayan half face helmet is designed with a lightweight ABS shell and a thick, high density and fully vented EPS liner. It offers you protection as well as comfort while you enjoy your ride.
- It comes with a quick-release chin strap that allows for easily getting on and off. The strap also helps to hold the helmet securely on your head.
- It fits head circumference 22 1/4 inches to 24 3/4 inches (57cm to63cm).
- The weight is approximately 700g.
To be able to measure your head correctly for the right helmet size, take a tape and measure above your brow. Just around your head, at the top of your ears. If the size of your head falls in between sizes, go for the smaller size. When the helmets are new, they stretch and mold to fit the shape of your head perfectly. You can see the different hat sizes below:
- S 55-56 (22 ¼ inches to 22 ½ inches) = helmet size 7
- M-57-58 (22 3/8 inches to 22 ¾ inches) = helmet size 7-1/8 to 7 – ¼
- L-59-80 (23 ¼ inches to 23 5/8 inches) = helmet size 7 3/8
- XL 61-62 (24 inches to 24 3/8) = helmet size 7 ½ to 7 5/8
- XXL- 63 (24 ¾ inches) = helmet size 7 ¾ to 7 7/8
This is a low-profile helmet that sits low on your head and won't blowback in the wind while you enjoy your ride. So, no more mushroom head while you ride. Like the German™ Mayan, the low profile Beanie helmet is retro style half face motorcycle helmet. It is also made of EPS liner that ensures your safety while you are out riding your motorcycle. This helmet is DOT certified with FMVSS-218 Safety Standards, and it gives you better protection.
- It has a light ABS shell, with a thick and high density, fully vented EPS liner.
- The quick-release chin strap offers easy getting on and off and holding the helmet firmly on your head.
- It fits a head circumference of 57 to 63 cm.
- It weighs approximately 600g.
Last but not least, on our list of the top 4 best low profile helmets on the market is the Polo helmet. It offers you the comfort, freedom, and all the protection you need for your ride. Polo helmet meets all the DOT safety standards FMVSS-218. If you are looking for a half-face helmet, look no further. The Polo helmet comes in a wide range of sizes.
- Like the other low profile helmets, the Polo is also made of EPS liner, and it is light and comfortable.
- It comes in different sizes for small, medium, and big heads (small, medium, large, XL, and XXL).
- The helmet chin strap clip makes it easy for you to put on and remove with ease.
- It weighs approximately 600g
Most people go for the low profile helmets because of the comfort and freedom it provides. You must take your time to check your options before purchasing any open face helmet.